1. Report of the APA Task Force on Electroconvulsive Therapy.
2. Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). http://mayoclinic.com/print/electroconvulsive-therapy/MY00129/METHOD=print&… (9/11/08)
3. Marplan Approved Prescribing Information.
4. Data on file, Validus Pharmaceuticals LLC.
5. Gardner DN, et al. The making of a user-friendly MAOI diet. J. Clin. Psychiatry 1994;57:99-104.
6. Thase, ME, et al. MAOIs in the Contemporary Treatment of Depression. Neuropsychopharmacology 1995:12(3):186.
7. Giller E, Bialos D, Riddle MA, Waldo M. MAOI treatment response: multi-axial assessment. Journal of Affective Disorders. 1988; 14:171-175.
8. Giller E, Bialos D, Harkness L, Riddle MA. (referred to as Giller et al in this text) Assessing Treatment response to the Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor Isocarboxazid. J. Clin. Psychiatry. 1984;45:7 (sec 2, 44-48).
9. American Psychiatric Association DSM IV (4th edition, 1994) p. 320, para 2, and p.321.
10. Major Depressive Disorder-Course [of illness]. DSM IV, American Psychiatric Association. 1994:341-342
11. Gardner DM, et al. The making of a user friendly MAOI diet. J Clin Psychiarty 1996; 57:99-104.
12. McCabe B, Tsuang MT. Dietary consideration in MAO inhibitor regimens. J Clin Psychiatry 1982; 43:178-181.
13. Shulman, et al. Dietary restriction, tyramine, and the use of monamine oxidase inhibitors. J Clin Psychopharmaol 1989; 9:397-402.
14. Shulman KI, Walker SE. Refining the MAOI diet: tyramine content of pizzas and soy products. J Clin Psychiatry 1999; 60:191-193.
15. Sullivan EA, Shulman, KI. Diet and monamine oxidase inhibitors: a re-examination. Can J Psychiatry 1984; 29:707-711.
16. Tailor SA, et al. Hypertensive episode associated with phenelzine and tap beer - a reanalysis of the role of pressor amines in beer. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1994; 14:5-14.
17. Walker SE, et al. Tyramine content of previously restricted foods in monamine oxidase inhibitor diets. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 1996;16:383-388.
18. Rappaport MH. Dietary restriction and drug interactions with monoamine oxidase inhibitors: The state of the art. J Clin Psychiatry. 2007;68[suppl 8]:42-46.
19. Marplan Approved Prescribing Information (CONTRAINDICATED MAOI-OTHER DRUG COMBINATIONS).
20. Marplan Approved Prescribing Information (DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION, and HOW SUPPLIED sections).
21. Events reported by at least 1% of patients treated with Marplan are presented, except for those that had an incidence on placebo greater than or equal to that on Marplan.
22. All patients also received Marplan at doses < 50 mg.