1. Marplan Approved Prescribing Information (indications section).
2. American Psychiatric Association DSM IV (4th edition, 1994) p.320 (Major Depressive Episode section, p.320-323).
3. Data on file, Validus Pharmaceuticals LLC.
4. Berndt ER, et al. Healthcare Utilization In Patients With Treatment Resistant Depression. Abstr Acad Health Serv Res Health Policy Meet, 2001, as cited in NLM Gateway web service of the US National Institutes of Health [http://gateway.nlm.nih.gov/MeetingAbstracts/ma?f=102273459.html] (9/5/2008).
5. Calculated from: NIMH: Major Depressive Disorder Among Adults; NIMH web site: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/statistics/1MDD_ADULT.shtml (March, 2011).
6. Meta-analysis of 12 studies of 434 depressed out-patients. Thase, ME, et al. (1995): MAOIs in the Contemporary Treatment of Depression. Neuropsychopharmacology 12(3):186.